Invest West Management is a growing, Washington based firm that strives for excellence. We have an overall great company culture with a team that likes to work hard and play hard!
We currently have an opening for the position of Maintenance Technician I. This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position. This position is a roving maintenance position for SW Washington including Portland and surrounding areas.
Invest West Management is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance, all make-readies, and upkeep of the properties. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure that all work completed meets the quality maintenance standards set by Invest West Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Tech is to perform general maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning, and painting.
Maintenance Techs must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for the following:
- Ensure all service requests, callbacks, and/or work orders are performed properly and promptly.
- Complete maintenance service requests within given timeframe.
- Turn vacant apartments including, but not limited to; minor maintenance, drywall repairs, painting, changing locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets, toilets and appliance repair.
- Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
- Clean and maintain property grounds. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
- Clean and maintain barbeque grills, dog stations, gutters etc.
- Maintain work place and maintenance shop by keeping all areas clean and organized.
- Respond to emergency after-hours calls and emergency situations on an on-call rotation with other maintenance technicians.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
- Maintain open communication with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance Tech must possess skills relating to all building systems; minimum of 2 years of property maintenance experience.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process.
- Should be knowledgeable regarding repair and maintenance of the following: HVAC, Plumbing and Pool and Spa. Maintenance Tech must also be familiar with appliance repair, electrical repairs, and basic roofing repairs.
- Must possess skills necessary to use all common hand and painting tools including rollers, brushes, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc. and hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping.
- Other power tools including, but not limited to, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, key machine and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Utilize tools and supplies in a responsible and cost efficient manner.
- Must have your own basic tools of the trade and reliable transportation.
- Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required.
- It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the property.
Working inside and outside in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
- Must use proper safety equipment at all times as required by the company.
- Close toed, slip-resistant shoes must be worn at all times.
- Report all safety issues/concerns to manager.
- Full Time, Wage $16 -$18/hr depending on experience
- Medical and dental plan
- Additional voluntary benefits including vision, FSA, AFLAC, disability and term life insurance
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement plan with employer matching
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company’s right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE